Home Page of Peggy E. Schweiger
- A metal bar 2.6 m long at 21°C is heated to 93°C.
Its new length is 2.6034 m. What is its coefficient of linear expansion?
- A piece of aluminum (a = 25 x 10-6 /°C)
is 3.66 m long at -28°C. What will its
length be at 39°C?
- An aluminum (b
= 75 x 10-6 /°
C) can has a volume of 354 cm3 at 4.4°
C. What will its volume be at 34.5°
C? When it is at 4.4°
C, it is filled to the brim with water (b
=210 x 10-6 /°
C). How much will overflow when at 34.5°
- What is the pressure exerted by a 3 kg mass on a box top 5 cm
x 2 cm?
- What is the force causing a pressure of 3000 Pa over a 0.50
m2 cross-sectional area?
- A lake is 30 m deep. What is the pressure at that depth?
- What is the buoyant force experienced by a box of mass 5 kg
with dimensions of 15 cm x 12 cm x 13 cm when it is totally immersed in
water? What is the apparent weight of the object?
- What is the buoyant force exerted on 0.001 m3 of
steel (r = 9000 kg/m3)
immersed in water? What is its apparent weight?
Thermal Energy Notes
States of Matter Notes
Thermal Energy Sample Problems
Thermal Energy Homework
States of Matter Homework