Home Page of Peggy E. Schweiger
Graphing Calculator Solutions for Simultaneous Equations
TI-86 Simultaneous Equation Solver
- Hit [2nd], [SIMULT] to display the simultaneous equation solver number screen.
- Enter an integer greater than one and less than or equal to 30 for the number of simultaneous equations.
For example, you have found these two simultaneous equations in a tension problem: You would enter number=2
- 0.64 T1 + 0.42 T2 - 500 = 0
- -0.77 T1 + 0.91 T2 = 0
- The coefficients editor is displayed. Enter a value for each of the coefficients in the equation. Enter into b the solution to the equation. For example, in the two equations given above you would enter:
- a1, 1 = 0.64
- a1,2 = 0.42
- b1 = 500
- a2, 1 = 0.77
- a2, 2 = 0.91
- b2 = 0
- Now hit [SOLVE] and the solutions are displayed.
Vectors Applications Notes